BasenjiMom

Friday, August 24, 2007

Memory Walk



Most all of you know that I am walking 60 miles in the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 3 Day. If you didn't know that....you've not been listening properly! The commitment to walk also requires a fundraising commitment from each participant. My Sister, who is also walking in the 3 Day, has recently signed up for the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk, as a team captain! The Memory Walk is the nations largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research. Unfortunately, I cannot walk with her, as it is the same weekend as my 3 day walk, or I would be there - but I will be in Philly walking for a different cause! But, I can help her raise some money for this great cause! She has set a goal of $500, and if you want to help her out with a donation, you can search for her team, Bloggers for a Cure, at the memory walk site by clicking the picture above.
This is a cause near and dear to both of us, we lost our Grandpop to Alzheimers...and my Mother's husband is exhibiting signs of early onset Alzheimers...so we have been getting some testing done on him. I think that just about everyone knows someone who's life has been touched by this disease, and the more money and awareness we can raise to find a cure , the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home